Thursday 14 May 2009

My Tarot Journey, Part 3


In 1993, I started to study tarot seriously. I took a 9-week course from a respected Winnipeg tarotist to learn how to read tarot using the Motherpeace deck. The Motherpeace emphasis on women, feminism and Goddess spirituality made it the deck for me! In addition to using the book Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess through Myth, Art, and Tarot by Vicki Noble (one of the creators of the Motherpeace deck), my teacher also taught us from the works of Mary Greer and Angeles Arrien. The course was wonderful and I learned a great deal. In the years following, I continued tarot studies on my own, reading lots of different books and taking notes. Occasionally I would read the cards for family and friends. But a major aspect of tarot's attractiveness to me during this period was its lessons on spiritual growth via The Fool's Journey.

2 comments:

in the west I am the dragon said...

cool shewhoseeks!!
the small motherpeace deck came with my husband who i met in '93. i have ducktaped the book a few times.

had a astrology reading with Vicki
last year.

btw Pearl River is the best c. food in your neck.:>]

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hi Patti -- I hope you haven't had to similarly ducktape the husband a few times since '93! (*grin*)