Sunday 26 July 2009

Minty Breath Game: Origins


Once upon a time, many years ago in Winnipeg when both Her Royal Highness and I were much younger, I came home from work one day and discovered her licking my toothbrush which was in a cup on the bathroom counter.

My first thought was, "OMG, how long has this been going on?!?" My second thought was, "Ewwww, did she lick anything else right before licking my toothbrush?!?" After that, I always put my toothbrush and cup safely out of her reach inside the medicine cabinet.

Then HRH started an odd new behaviour. While I was brushing my teeth, she would leap up on the counter and stick her head right in my face for the purpose of sniffing my breath. Eventually I figured out that she was absolutely crazy for the smell of my mint toothpaste. Crazy, yes -- crazy like an addict! She couldn't get enough!

Tomorrow -- HRH invents the Minty Breath Game and trains me in its rules.

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

thre is a comic in the paper that has a cat that goes crazy every time some one chews mint gum...annie likes big red gum..it's a cinammon flavor and she really likes it..