Wednesday 17 November 2010

Oh, Four Tuna

One of my favourite modern classical cantatas is Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. He composed the music in mid-1930s Germany, using for the libretto a series of secular medieval poems written in Latin which largely concern boozing, gluttony, gambling and lust -- things which never go out of style! The best known movement is O Fortuna concerning the fickleness of fate.

Last weekend over at PENolan's blog Menopausal Stoners, I saw an absolutely hilarious video of O Fortuna's misheard lyrics. Here it is for your listening pleasure but I warn you -- you'll never hear O Fortuna quite the same way again!



To see O Fortuna's real lyrics in Latin and English, click here.

11 comments:

laughingwolf said...

oooooooooo wuffy wike it! ;) lol

Dreaming of Jeanie said...

That is.......HILARIOUS!!! Even with my aching head I just had to laugh out loud.

BugginWord said...

Heh. Tuna.

mxtodis123 said...

That is too funny. I always love coming here.
Mary

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

that is hilarious....

Cellar Door said...

My stomach muscles are still juggling laughter! I'm about to head to the second floor Pink Room to encourage a sickabed Josiette to come for a listen!

Thanks for making my day (and for stopping by to wish The Sneezer well!)!

Cellar Door

Dancing With Fey said...

I'm at a computer that doesn't have a headphone jack...I'll have to be sure to listen to it later!

Dancing With Fey said...

Oh, wow. I shared this with my brother, and he loves it. :)

BelladonnasJoy said...

Wild! Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, Debra...I'm sitting here laughing like a mad woman as I watch this for the third time! I've always loved this piece...never again will I be able to listen to it without picturing fish and breasts! How clever on someone's part to come up with this. You definitely made my day sharing it with us...:)

Lynette

TheBlakkDuchess said...

This... is awesome. XD

I love Carmina Burana, and will never be able to hear hear this song again without cracking a smile & probably giggling... a lot.

I've seen A TON of fan-made music videos set to this song, but this is by far the absolute best. ^-^