Thursday 23 December 2010

Happy Festivus!

Hooray! Today is Festivus for the rest of us! And I'm all ready for it. The Festivus Pole is up:

The Festivus cards have been sent and the pretend donations to fake charities have been made:


Tonight's dinner will be the traditional Festivus meal of meatloaf with all the trimmings. For my guests I've also got a couple of special cakes decorated in the spirit of the holiday:


During dinner, we'll begin The Airing of Grievances -- always a special time in any family! I've been saving up my petty resentments and toxic feelings all year long! I will commence The Airing of Grievances ritual with the time-honoured Festivus words: I got a lot of problems with you people. And now, you're gonna hear about it.


And finally, Festivus concludes with everyone's favourite ritual -- the Feats of Strength -- when the Head of the Household is pinned to the floor, signifying that Festivus is officially over. Around here, the Head of the Household is Her Royal Highness, of course. But she's pretty tough to wrestle with, so our Festivus may continue for days!


[Reminder: if you haven't entered my giveaway yet, click here and do so!]

29 comments:

laughingwolf said...

mwuahahahahahahaha

...mother did always like you best! :P

Anonymous said...

"I got a lot of problems with you people. And now, you're gonna hear about it." That's common dinner conversation on a nightly basis in Casa De Psycho. Hmmmm, perhaps we should save it for once a year? It would have to be more of a Hanukah/Festivus because us bitches need at least 8 nights of that.

Jeanne said...

Too Funny! Though I do know people who celebrate the Holidays a day or two ahead of time.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

LOL!!!!!!!!

Lemmy Caution said...

My favorite holiday ever. Ever!!

brandi said...

~ooops...i think i may have celebrated festivus a few days early...hehehe...i happened to let my feelings come out a bit to soon!!! love it! warm holiday wishes and brightest blessings to you and yours~

yellowdoggranny said...

one year when mojo was about 9-10 she decided to be the comedian..and right when we were sitting down to eat she says "I think you all are A-holes...let the party begin."..
I laughed so hard.

Natasha said...

So that is what Festivus is!

Happy Festivus!

Anonymous said...

Happy Festivus!

I got the Solstice Carols the other day....thank you!!

mxtodis123 said...

Meatloaf with all the trimmings. One of my favorites. Always reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story". That's the only thing the mom seems to make, and it looks so good that I always run out for the ingredients and make it for my family
Mary

Southpaw said...

Awesome celebration this time of year! LOL

Mz.Elle said...

Hahahaha,now there is a holiday I can reeeally get into!

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Ooh - I'm loving the sound of all this - I need an evening like this, definitely!! Have fun.

My Grama's Soul said...

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS TRADITION......(O:(O: I don't think there could be enough time in the evening for everyone in my family to air all their grievances. LOL

Xo

Jo

Unknown said...

Debra, I LOVE this post! Thank you :D

BelladonnasJoy said...

Funny one!! I like it. Many blessings to you and yours this holiday season and all year through!!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

man...did that ever hit home....

that's why we are laying low this year

merry christmas, my friend
kary and teddy
xxx

Jim said...

I KNOW fun will be had by all! Happy Festivus Debra.
Jim

fromsophiesview said...

LMAO! and Happy Hollerdays!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

FESTIVUS! Yeah! You nailed it sweetie.

Joys to you and yours,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

gma said...

Lets hear it for the rest of us!
LOL
So glad I found this post!

Mistress Maddie said...

i can't say I ever heard of this tradition either! But boy does it sound funny! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

35jupe said...

I love this. Horray for Dan O'Keefe.

Happy Festivus for the Restofus.

Blueberry said...

Let's put the Us back in Festivus!

Unknown said...

lol lol- oh yes, who would miss the airing of grievances..snort x 1566...............Happy Festivus you beautiful woman !

Laura said...

too much fun being had up there in Canada!!!

Wendy said...

Oh, I like the "Air of Grievances" although I don't wait for any damn holiday to say that to my family...Hmmm, perhaps that's why I'm not invited to have a nice and "normal" holiday dinner ;)

KrafteKat Krafting Shack said...

My favorite one is 'you both suck for different reasons' And the kitten is adorable. :)

Blessings Fiona

Cameron said...

Oh that is great! Happy Festivus!